About The Scholarship
- DEADLINE for scholarship applications is 5 p.m., Friday, April 20, 2018.
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., Application form, Consent and Release form, Statement of Accuracy form, Personal Essay). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Type or print legibly. Illegible applications will not be considered. A copy of the application package is available here.
- Scholarship award winners will be notified by May 4, 2018.
NOTE: Disbursement of scholarship funds will be awarded to the student upon evidence of registration in an accredited post-secondary institution.
Purpose: To provide a scholarship to one (1) Eastern Washington high school graduating senior interested in or intending to pursue post-high school course of study at either college/university or other post-secondary educational institution.
Award Components: One (1) $500 scholarship and individual certificate awarded to one (1) student selected by the Mel Lindauer “Eyes to the Future” Scholarship Program Committee.
- Applicant must attend a Washington State high school located in Ferry, Okanogan, Stevens, Pend Oreille or Spokane County.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award.
- Applicant must demonstrate a strong motivation to achieve positive-impact personal/community goals as described in a concise, persuasive argument in his/her original essay.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed Application Form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- Personal Essay.
- Signed Consent and Release Form.
- Signed Statement of Accuracy Form.